- 3 cups (13 1⁄2 oz.) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 6-cup muffin tins or 1 12-cup muffin tins
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- Preheat Oven oven to 400°.
- Grease muffin tins with butter; set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cardamom in a bowl; set aside.
- Using the mixer, beat 12 tbsp. butter and 1 cup sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients in 3 batches and milk in 2 batches; beat until batter is smooth.
- Spoon about 1⁄4 cup batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake until golden, 20-25 minutes. To test insert a toothpick into a muffin and see that it comes out clean .
- Let cool for about in muffin tins, about 10 minutes, when the muffins are cool enough to handle turn them out into a wire rack.