- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread
- 3 tbsp. chevre
- 6-7 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tsp. basil (chopped)
- 2 tsp. chive (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbps. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 sprinkle black pepper
- Slice tomatoes. Toss the tomatoes in salt, olive oil, black pepper, 1 tsp. of chopped basil and 1 tsp. of chopped chive.
Allow to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Slice the pumpernickel bread into quarter inch thick slices. Toast in oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut garlic in half. Rub garlic on each toast to give it just enough aroma.
- Spread a generous amount chevre and evenly distribute tomatoes on each slice of toast.
- Sprinkle remaining basil and chive on top.
- Ready to serve!