- Pitted prunes ½ lb
- Dry red wine 4/3 cups
- Boneless pork loin, trussed 2 lb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh thyme leaves 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable Stock 1/4 cup
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Simmer the prunes in 1/2 cup wine plus water to cover for 20 minutes, covered and allow to cool.
- Season the pork loin with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the prunes, thyme and garlic into the pork
- Roast the pork on a rack in a covered roasting pan for about 2.5 hours, or until the meat is tender. (Any leftover prunes can be placed in the bottom of the roasting pan after the meat has cooked for an hour.)
- Remove the meat from the pan to a serving dish.
- Transfer the cooking juices and any loose prunes to a small saucepan.
- Skim off the excess fat and add the remaining wine and stock. Bring to boil, season to taste and serve in a heated sauceboat.