These easy-to-make cookies are one of my favourite. The tart cherries and the smooth sweet white chocolate made a perfect combination. These soft chewy cookies pairs perfectly with a good cup of tea. The cookie dough can be made a night ahead and stored in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened in room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries (can be replaced by cranberries)
- 6 ounces white chocolate chunks
- Cookie sheet
- Electric Mixer
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer combine the sugar, brown sugar and softened butter; mix until they cream together.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well.
- Fold in the oatmeal, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips- making sure that all ingredients are uniformly distributed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 3 inches apart onto a greased or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° until the edges are lightly golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to cooling rack.